(1) Nurun does not collect any personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. Personally identifying information provided by individuals will be used only in connection with or for such other purposes as are described at the point of collection.
(2) Such information will not be transferred to any other parties unless otherwise stated at the time of collection. While will seek to require third party content providers and other parties to adhere to its and their privacy policies, neither bears any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
(3) Subscribers and members should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, e-mail address) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties.
Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices
(1) Accountability. Nurun is responsible for the personal information under its control and shall designate one or more individuals who shall be accountable for the company’s compliance with the procedures and principles outlined above.
(2) Identifying Purpose. Nurun will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by Nurun must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
(3) Consent. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation as, for example, where the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
(4) Limiting Collection. Nurun shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
(5) Limiting Use; Disclosure and Retention. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
(6) Accuracy. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards. Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness. Nurun shall make readily available to its customers and employees specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
(9) Individual Access. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information except where Nurun is permitted or required by law not to disclose personal information to the individual customer or employee. An individual customer or employee shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed to him or her and have it amended as appropriate.
(10) Challenging Compliance. An individual customer or employee shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the principles by contacting Nurun directly.